WE ARE HIRING!
Avalon has been operating in Victoria since 1984. We are a growing team with two offices on Vancouver Island. Our complement of skilled, knowledgeable staff have a history of expertise in mechanical design, as proven by our thousands of projects in a range of industries. We have these excellent career opportunities currently available:
ENGINEER-IN-TRAINING (ENERGY MODELLING): VICTORIA
Job ID: 2020-05
Avalon Mechanical Consultants Ltd. currently has an opening for an Engineer in Training in our Victoria office to join our growing energy modelling team!
Applicants are desired to have the following qualifications for this position:
- AutoCAD and Revit proficiency
- Experience with MS Office – specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Completion of a degree in mechanical engineering
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses a good attitude and is an ambitious learner
- Experienced with energy codes and energy modelling software is an asset
The successful applicant can expect the following responsibilities:
- Prepare energy models to simulate building energy performance
- Develop and evaluate energy conservation measures for various building types
- Design HVAC and plumbing systems for renovations and new constructions
- Prepare reports by compiling, interpreting, and summarizing engineering data
- Learn and adapt to various engineering tasks as required to meet changing market demands
Compensation and benefits for this position are to be discussed with applicants on an individual basis.
This position is open to candidates of all skill and experience levels.
INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL ENGINEER – NANAIMO
Job ID: 2020-01
Avalon Mechanical is a well-established professional engineering firm that has been operating on Vancouver Island since 1984. We are a dynamic team with growing offices in Victoria and Nanaimo. Collectively, we offer a complement of skilled, knowledgeable staff providing services in all areas of building systems design for both new and existing buildings in a range of industries. Our focus is on affordable energy-efficient plumbing, HVAC and fire suppression systems. Over the years we’ve worked on thousands of projects, including commercial developments, government buildings, institutional organizations as well as residential and small tenant improvements.
Avalon Mechanical Consultants currently has an opening for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer in our Nanaimo office. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of five years of experience producing construction documents, plans and calculations for fire suppression, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Prepare calculations, designs, plans, and specifications for fire suppression, plumbing, and HVAC systems;
- Ensure technical accuracy and competency of design details through to construction completion;
- Direct and work with technologist staff to develop working drawings;
- Field reviews to ensure continued compliance with design documents;
- Project management and client liaison;
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited University;
- Registration as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or eligibility for registration;
- Five years of relevant consulting experience;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD;
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Willingness to learn and adopt best practices;
- Seasoned collaborator and an ambitious learner with a positive and pro-active attitude;
- Great team member.
Avalon Mechanical offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Remuneration for this position will be discussed with applicants on an individual basis.
Please send your application to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.